Our WOTC blog was busy in 2017, and we hope to continue that trend in 2018. We added a weekly WOTC Questions blog which became the highlight of our website. Please continue to submit any questions you have about the Work Opportunity Tax Credit, and we will do our best to answer them for you.
Our Ten Most Popular Blog Posts of 2017 Were:
- WOTC Questions: What is a Conditional Certification from the State Workforce Agency?
- Calculate Your WOTC Savings Our WOTC Calculator is the most popular page on our website.
- WOTC Categories / Target Groups There are 9 eligible target groups.
- December’s tax reform news, with WOTC being at risk for repeal, had us worried for a while, but President Trump signs sweeping tax overhaul legislation into law in the Oval Office on December 22nd, saving WOTC, which will remain active through December 31st, 2019.
- WOTC Questions: How do you calculate first and second year credit? If an employee is eligible for a two-year credit, it is calculated slightly differently.
- 3 Ways To Take Advantage of the Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- WOTC’s Newest Category: Long-Term Unemployed
- WOTC Questions: Is WOTC Available to Part Time Employees? An extremely common question from the chatbox and email, especially when it came to seasonal hiring.
- We received WOTC Statistics from Tennessee, Mississippi, Massachusetts, Utah, and Kentucky for 2017.
- WOTC’s 28 Day Rule Explained.