A veteran who is:
– a member of a family that received SNAP benefits (food stamps) for at least a 3-month period during the 15-month period ending on the hiring date; or
– entitled to compensation for a service-connected disability and who is hired within one year of discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces, or
– entitled to compensation for a service-connected disability and unemployed for a period or periods totaling at least 6 months of the year ending on the hiring date.
New Unemployed Categories:
– unemployed for at least 4 weeks, but less than 6 months
– unemployed for at least 6 months
For additional information on the increased tax credits for hiring veterans, see the VOW to Hire Heroes Act Fact Sheet.