At CMS, as Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) experts and service providers since 1997, we receive a lot of questions via our website’s chat box:
CMS Says: Summer is almost upon us, and yes, good news, the Summer Youth target group is still available to employers:
A “qualified summer youth employee” is one who:
- Is at least 16 years old, but under 18 on the date of hire or on May 1, whichever is later, AND
- Is only employed between May 1 and September 15 (was not employed prior to May 1st) AND
- Resides in an Empowerment Zone (EZ), enterprise community or renewal community.
Tax Credit Value for Hiring Summer Youth
- Worked at least 120 hours but less than 400 hours Up to $750 (25% of $3,000 of first-year wages)
- Worked at least 400 hours Up to $1,200 (40% of $3,000 of first-year wages)
Contact CMS Today to Start Saving!
In our 21+ years of performing WOTC Screening and Administration we’ve saved millions for our customers.
Contact CMS today to start taking advantage. Call 800-517-9099, or click here to use our contact form to ask any questions.