At CMS, as Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) experts and service providers since 1997, we receive a lot of questions via our website’s chat box that we try to answer:
Trying to find Percentage of Employees in Workforce Eligible for WOTC.
CMS Says: Interesting question. We can answer it a couple of ways. Firstly, from the 2018 statistics, nationally 29% of all WOTC submissions received a certification, this varies by state, some as low as 6% or as high as 58% qualified. That does not include any that were still listed as pending though. Secondly, in our experience of doing WOTC screening for over two decades, our average is 10-15% of the workforce is qualified for WOTC, this varies by state, and category. Here are some helpful resources for more information:
- Number of individuals on SNAP was 38,135,802 (August 2019 numbers). (USDA Reference)
- There are 19.2 Million US Veterans (BLS Reference-PDF)
- 326,000 are unemployed or 3% of the total
- 4.7 million veterans, or 25 percent of the total, had a service-connected disability
- 3,104,094 TANF Recipents (FAS Reference-PDF)
About Our WOTC Screening Services
- Why you should use CMS’s WOTC Tax Screening Service rather than doing it yourself.
- Get an idea of how much you could be saving by utilizing the Work Opportunity Tax Credit for your company, try our WOTC Calculator.
- Are you a CPA or tax service provider? Find out how you can become a strategic Business Partner.
Contact CMS Today to Start Saving!
In over 20 years of providing valuable WOTC Screening and Administration services we’ve saved millions for our customers.
Contact CMS today to start taking advantage. Call 800-517-9099, or click here to use our contact form to ask any questions.