I am a recruiter for a national retailer and want to start a veteran hiring campaign. Any ideas of where to post openings to attract veterans?
At CMS, as WOTC experts and service providers since 1997, we receive a lot of questions via our website. In the case of the above question, the sender did not provide their email address, so we were unable to reply directly to them. So we thought we would share, and hopefully will help others too.
There are several veteran friendly, and veteran specific job boards that you can post your jobs to to help attract more veterans to your organization. We’ve listed nine of the most popular veteran job boards below.
**If we missed any good sources, please let us know.
Become a Military Friendly employer
In addition to posting job son military job boards, if you offer a military friendly workplace, please consider becoming a Military Friendly Employer. This organization surveys you to make sure you meet the requirements of being named a Military Friendly employer, and will give you a certification that can be displayed on your website.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit – WOTC and the Qualified Veteran Category Veterans Target Groups
A new hire qualifies for a veterans target group, if the individual is:
- A veteran who is a member of a family that received SNAP benefits (food stamps) for at least a 3-month period during the 15-month period ending on the hiring date;OR
- A disabled veteran entitled to compensation for a service-connected disability, who has been:
- Hired within 1 year of discharge or release from active duty, OR
- Unemployed for at least 6 months in the year ending on the hiring date;
- A veteran who has been unemployed for:
- At least 4 weeks in the year ending on the hiring date; OR
- At least 6 months in the year ending on the hiring date.
Please note that to have veteran’s status to be eligible for WOTC, an individual must:
- Have served on active duty (not including training) in the U.S. Armed Forces for more than 180 days, OR have been discharged or released from active duty for a service-connected disability; AND
- Not have a period of active duty (not including training) of more than 90 days that ended during the 60-day period ending on the hiring date.
Contact CMS Today to Start Saving! In our 20 years of performing WOTC Screening and Administration we’ve saved millions for our customers. Contact CMS today to start taking advantage. Call 800-517-9099, or click here to use our contact form.