The Work Opportunity Tax Credit known as #WOTC is a federal tax credit available to employers who hire individuals from disadvantaged groups of workers.
So what does CMS know about WOTC, that most employers don’t?
1. It only applies to New Hires.
The bottom line is, if you don’t screen your new hires for eligibility, you miss out on tax credits. That’s something we help with.
2. You Have 28 Days To Submit WOTC Forms.
There’s a 28-day window from the day you hire someone until you can submit the WOTC survey to your State Workforce Agency. That’s something we help with.
3. It’s worth billions to employers.
In 2018 the state of North Carolina issued $162 million in WOTC Tax Credits to employers in that state. Massachusetts issued over $66 million, and Tennessee issued a staggering $172 million to employers for hiring qualified new hires. This makes the Work Opportunity Tax Credit one of the most valuable tax credits for employers.
4. WOTC is supported by the EEOC.
And they strongly encourage employers to use this little known tax credit.
How CMS Can Help!
Many companies offer WOTC screening for your new hires. We make it easy to use by eliminating language barriers, giving you three easy ways to screen (by phone, web, or paper).
About Our WOTC Screening Services
- Why you should use CMS’s WOTC Tax Screening Service rather than doing it yourself.
- Get an idea of how much you could be saving by utilizing the Work Opportunity Tax Credit for your company, try our WOTC Calculator.
- Are you a CPA or tax service provider? Find out how you can become a strategic Business Partner.
Contact CMS Today to Start Saving!
In over 20 years of providing valuable WOTC Screening and Administration services we’ve saved millions for our customers.
Contact CMS today to start taking advantage. Call 800-517-9099, or click here to use our contact form to ask any questions.