The Work Opportunity Tax Credit, known as #WOTC, is a federal tax credit available to employers who hire individuals from disadvantaged groups of workers. Including WOTC Screening can save an employer significant amounts of money.
WOTC Screening is used to determine if a new hire is a member of one of the Work Opportunity Tax Credit’s ten target groups that would make the employer eligible to receive a tax credit for hiring the individual.
New hires who fall under one or more of WOTC’s Target Groups may make you eligible for a WOTC Tax Credit. Target Group #7 is the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Recipient. 1.1 million individuals were hired with certification from this group in 2020, 68% of the total, making it the top overall certified category.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Recipient
A “qualified SNAP benefits recipient” is an individual who on the date of hire is:
- At least 18 years old
- under 40, AND
- A member of a family that received SNAP benefits for:
- the previous 6 months OR
- at least 3 of the previous 5 months.
The maximum tax credit available for hiring a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Recipient is $2,400.
Contact CMS Today to Start Saving!
In 25 years of providing valuable WOTC Screening and Administration services we’ve saved millions for our customers.
Contact CMS today to start taking advantage. Call 800-517-9099, or click here to use our contact form to ask any questions.
About CMS WOTC Screening Services
- Why you should use CMS’s WOTC Tax Screening Service rather than doing it yourself.
- Get an idea of how much you could be saving by utilizing the Work Opportunity Tax Credit for your company, try our WOTC Calculator.
- Are you a CPA, Payroll Company, or tax service provider? Find out how you can become a strategic Business Partner.