At CMS, as Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) experts and service providers since 1997, we receive a lot of questions via our website’s chat box that we try to answer:
How long does the employee have to stay employed at the company after they are hired?
CMS Says: In order to be eligible for you to receive a Work Opportunity Tax Credit they would need to be employed a minimum of 120 hours. Even if qualified, and you have received a certification, if they work less than 120 hours overall, you forfeit that credit. For most target groups:
- 120 Hours = 25% Tax Credit of up to $6,000 in wages or $1,500.
- 400 Hours = 40% Tax Credit of up to $6,000 in wages or $2,400.
About Our WOTC Screening Services
- Why you should use CMS’s WOTC Tax Screening Service rather than doing it yourself.
- Get an idea of how much you could be saving by utilizing the Work Opportunity Tax Credit for your company, try our WOTC Calculator.
- Are you a CPA or tax service provider? Find out how you can become a strategic Business Partner.
Contact CMS Today to Start Saving!
In over 20 years of providing valuable WOTC Screening and Administration services we’ve saved millions for our customers.
Contact CMS today to start taking advantage. Call 800-517-9099, or click here to use our contact form to ask any questions.