At CMS, as Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) experts and service providers since 1997, we receive a lot of questions via our website’s chat box:
CMS Says: Consistency is a key factor in getting new hires to complete the WOTC paperwork . We recommend the following steps:
- Include WOTC with all of your new hire paperwork so that it appears like it is required.
- Have an onboarding checklist to make sure that all of your documents, including WOTC, are completed by the new hire.
- Review your new hires weekly (to stay in compliance with the 28-Day Rule).
- Run a report from within your WOTC Portal so you can see if any new hires has not completed the WOTC questionnaire yet.
- Send email/text reminders to new hires who have not completed the WOTC paperwork encouraging them to do so.
- Be prepared to answer any questions new hires typically have about WOTC. Here are a few of the most common new hire questions that we get:
Contact CMS Today to Start Saving!
In our 21+ years of performing WOTC Screening and Administration we’ve saved millions for our customers.
Contact CMS today to start taking advantage. Call 800-517-9099, or click here to use our contact form to ask any questions.