At CMS, as Work Opportunity Tax Credit “WOTC” subject matter experts and service providers since 1997, we receive a lot of questions via our website and through the webcasts we attend. This week’s WOTC Question comes from the chat box on our website:
Can family members qualify employers for the WOTC tax credit?
CMS says: According to the Department of Labor guidelines no tax credit can be claimed for wages paid to relatives. The tax credit is not valid for:
- son or daughter
- stepson or stepdaughter
- stepbrother or stepsister
- father or mother
- stepfather or stepmother
- niece or nephew
- uncle or aunt
- son-in-law or daughter-in-law
- father-in-law or mother-in-law
- brother-in-law or sister-in-law
- descendants of any of the aforementioned
- or if the employee resides in the home of the employer
Contact CMS Today to Start Saving!
In our 20+ years of providing WOTC Screening and Administration we’ve saved millions for our customers. Don’t miss out!
Contact CMS today to start taking advantage. Call 800-517-9099, or click here to use our contact form.