The SHRM Foundation is helping employers recruit and hire Veterans. There are several hiring initiatives listed on their website, including Innovation Grants, Certificates and Digital Hiring Guides.
The SHRM Foundation believes that veterans are valuable members of our workforce, and this initiative will help HR professionals attract, hire and retain members of the military community.
HR professionals report that veteran recruiting is a top three priority to help to meet their workforce needs.
Research shows that:
- 65% of veterans have some college education, or higher, making veterans more educated than their civilian peers.
- 68% of employers report that veterans perform “better than” or “much better than” their civilian peers.
- 57% of veterans stay at their jobs longer than the median tenure of 2.5 years (for subsequent roles after their first-post
Tax Credits Available for Hiring Veterans
In 2018, there were 198,145 Veterans who qualified their employers for Work Opportunity Tax Credits of between $2,400 and $9,600.
Veteran Target Groups
The VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011 Expanded and Extended the Qualified Veteran Groups. To be eligible under the current WOTC program, a veteran must have begun to work for an employer on or after November 22, 2011 and before December 31, 2019.
Qualified Veteran. A veteran who is:
- a member of a family that received SNAP benefits (food stamps) for at least a 3-month period during the 15-month period ending on the hiring date;
- or entitled to compensation for a service-connected disability and who is hired within one year of discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces,
- or entitled to compensation for a service-connected disability and unemployed for a period or periods totaling at least 6 months of the year ending on the hiring date.
- unemployed for at least 4 weeks, but less than 6 months,
- unemployed for at least 6 months
Are you hiring Veterans? Contact CMS Today to Start Saving!
In our 22+ years of performing WOTC Screening and Administration we’ve saved millions for our customers.
Contact CMS today to start taking advantage. Call 800-517-9099, or click here to use our contact form to ask any questions.
For more information, visit the SHRM Foundation Website: