This article provides a roundup of recent news stories related to the Work Opportunity Tax Credit.
- Fox 26 News reports that California’s EDD has backlog of 400,000 applications for grant money meant to help businesses, workers. California was one of 12 states that received a Department of Labor grant in 2020 to address the WOTC backlog.
- Rep. Don Beyer (D-VA) Assumes Sponsorship Of Bipartisan Military Spouse Hiring Act. The bill would amend the Workforce Opportunity Tax Credit to provide tax incentives to employers that hire the spouses of members of the United States Armed Forces, who face a much higher unemployment rate than the general population.
- Tax credit proposed to encourage employers to hire more military spouses (13News Now)
- Reminder, the Work Opportunity Tax Credit was renewed for five years, and is currently active through 12/31/2025.
About Our WOTC Screening Services
- Why you should use CMS’s WOTC Tax Screening Service rather than doing it yourself.
- Get an idea of how much you could be saving by utilizing the Work Opportunity Tax Credit for your company, try our WOTC Calculator.
- Are you a CPA or tax service provider? Find out how you can become a strategic Business Partner.
Contact CMS Today to Start Saving!
CMS screens your new hires for Work Opportunity Tax Credit eligibility. In 25 years of providing valuable WOTC Screening and Administration services we’ve saved millions for our customers.
Contact CMS today to start taking advantage. Call 800-517-9099, or click here to use our contact form to ask any questions.