At CMS, as Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) experts and service providers since 1997, we receive a lot of questions via our website’s chat box that we try to answer:
What is the maximum number of years that the WOTC credit can be claimed for a SNAP recipient?
CMS Says: Like the majority of the qualifying target groups for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Recipient target group will qualify you for a tax credit of up to $2,400. It can only be used once per qualified employee. About the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Recipient target group:
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Recipient
A “qualified SNAP benefits recipient” is an individual who on the date of hire is:
- At least 18 years old and under 40, AND
- A member of a family that received SNAP benefits for:
- the previous 6 months OR
- at least 3 of the previous 5 months.
About Our WOTC Screening Services
- Why you should use CMS’s WOTC Tax Screening Service rather than doing it yourself.
- Get an idea of how much you could be saving by utilizing the Work Opportunity Tax Credit for your company, try our WOTC Calculator.
- Are you a CPA or tax service provider? Find out how you can become a strategic Business Partner.
Contact CMS Today to Start Saving!
In over 20 years of providing valuable WOTC Screening and Administration services we’ve saved millions for our customers.
Contact CMS today to start taking advantage. Call 800-517-9099, or click here to use our contact form to ask any questions.