At CMS, as Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) experts and service providers since 1997, we receive a lot of questions via our website’s chat box:
Question – What are the reasons for denials of WOTC?
CMS Says: Nationwide 36% of all submitted requests for WOTC are denied, so receiving a denial notice is very common. The most common reasons for rejection are as follows:
- Employee not a member of a target group. This happens most often when forms are not reviewed prior to being submitted to the state workforce agency, OR if a new hire incorrectly checks a box after misreading a question.
- Received Too Late (i.e. over 28 days from start date).
- Forms are missing information (date/signature etc).
- Did not receive supporting documents in a timely manner.
About Our WOTC Screening Services
- Why you should use CMS’s WOTC Tax Screening Service rather than doing it yourself.
- Get an idea of how much you could be saving by utilizing the Work Opportunity Tax Credit for your company, try our WOTC Calculator.
- Are you a CPA or tax service provider? Find out how you can become a strategic Business Partner.
Contact CMS Today to Start Saving!
In over 20 years of providing valuable WOTC Screening and Administration services we’ve saved millions for our customers.
Contact CMS today to start taking advantage. Call 800-517-9099, or click here to use our contact form to ask any questions.