CMS Work Opportunity Tax Credit Newsletter September 2022
In this issue:
- CMS Pin Point WOTC Technology (CPPT)
- New WOTC Spanish Language Option Available Online
- WOTC Wednesday: Is there any way to still qualify for WOTC if the employee was hired over 28 days ago?
- Understanding WOTC’s Target Groups: Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Recipient
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Statistics for New Jersey
- Make the Switch To Paperless WOTC Screening
CMS Pin Point WOTC Technology (CPPT)
CMS’s Pin Point WOTC Technology (CPPT) performs a multi-step process to detect, identify and confirm new hires living in Federal Empowerment Zones and Rural Renewal Communities. CMS provides another technology tool designed to maximize the federal tax credit program for our clients.
New WOTC Spanish Language Option Available Online
There is a new Spanish language option available on the online Work Opportunity Tax Credit screening form. To switch to Spanish, applicants can simply click on the link at the top of the page “Haga clic aquí para traducir al espñol” (“Click here to translate to Spanish”). This will allow them to complete the screening completely in Spanish. As we all know, there is a higher success rate when applicants can easily understand the questions being asked.
WOTC Wednesday: Is there any way to still qualify for WOTC if the employee was hired over 28 days ago?
CMS’s Brian Kelly answers your questions about the Work Opportunity Tax Credit in our weekly video Q&A series #WOTCWednesday.
Other Recent #WOTCWednesday Questions Answered:
- Is There a Limit to How Many WOTC Tax Credits I Can Claim?
- Which State Issued the Most Amounts of WOTC Tax Credits?
- Do I Submit the WOTC Forms Before or After the Employee Reaches 120 Hours?
Submit your question for Brian here.
Understanding WOTC’s Target Groups: Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Recipient
- An individual is a “qualified SSI recipient” if a month for which this person received SSI benefits is within 60 days of the date this person is hired.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit Statistics for New Jersey
In 2021 the state of New Jersey issued 36,898 Work Opportunity Tax Credit certifications. The Garden State issued 1.77% of all WOTC Tax Credits in 2021, SNAP Recipient was New Jersey’s highest tax credit category with 57.08% of certifications for that target group.
Make the Switch to Paperless WOTC Screening
CMS has been providing Work Opportunity Tax Credit screening services for 25 years. We have helped save employers millions of dollars that can be reinvested back into their businesses. We highly encourage customers to take advantage of the online WOTC screening form that we developed or the call center, both of which provide several benefits to you.
#Follow CMS on Social Media
The latest news on the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) from Cost Management Services. Sign Up for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) Newsletter
Related: WOTC Newsletter Archive