In 2019 there were 2,066,616 total Work Opportunity Tax Credits issued in the United States. CMS estimates the total value of these credits is $4.9 Billion. The number of credits issued in 2019 is down 6.3% from 2018 (see 2018 WOTC Statistics).
Which states issued the most WOTC credits in 2019?
- Texas 166,768 (8.06% of total)
- California 158,793 (7.68% of total)
- Illinois 144,590 (6.99% of total)
- Michigan 113,807 (5.50% of total)
- Ohio 97,918 (4.73% of total)
What are the most popular WOTC Target Groups / Categories?
|WOTC Target Groups||Total Credits||Percentage|
|Long term IV-A (TANF)||97,316||4.71%|
|Long Term Unemployment||96,506||4.67%|
|Designated Community Resident||85,710||4.15%|
|Veteran unemp. 6 Mo.||68,288||3.30%|
|Veteran unemp. 4 Wk||61,511||2.98%|
|Veteran Receiving SNAP||15,051||0.73%|
|Disabled Veteran unemp. 6 Mo.||4,123||0.20%|
You can see from the table above that SNAP (FS) dominated all categories in 2019 with 1,343,584 qualified certifications, or a total of 65.01% of all qualified employees. This was the most popular category, by a wide margin. Texas issued the most WOTC certifications for the SNAP target group at 125,103.
Continue Reading: Work Opportunity Tax Credit Statistics for 2019
About Our WOTC Screening Services
- Why you should use CMS’s WOTC Tax Screening Service rather than doing it yourself.
- Get an idea of how much you could be saving by utilizing the Work Opportunity Tax Credit for your company, try our WOTC Calculator.
- Are you a CPA or tax service provider? Find out how you can become a strategic Business Partner.
Contact CMS Today to Start Saving!
In over 20 years of providing valuable WOTC Screening and Administration services we’ve saved millions for our customers.
Contact CMS today to start taking advantage. Call 800-517-9099, or click here to use our contact form to ask any questions.